Call for Presentation Proposals
The BigData Innovators Gathering (BIG) is a one-day conference organized as a dynamic and interactive forum for exchanging ideas and debating issues that are emerging from surging waves of innovation in computing and data analytics. For three years now, BIG has attracted participation of thought leaders, expert practitioners and innovation strategists across industry and academia. The programme is shaped around keynotes, invited talks, presentations and panels.
This is a call for presentation proposals for BIG2017 which will be collocated with WWW2017 in Perth (Western Australia) and held on April 4, 2017. The theme of BIG2017 is “Deep Learning and Big Data Analytics”. We invite proposal for talks that are related to the theme and highlight novel developments in the foundations, infrastructure, applications and implications of big data.
Proposals will be judged on the basis of thought leadership, technical novelty and application potential. Corporate or product marketing is strongly discouraged. Reports on speculative work or significant work in progress are welcome but need to provide evidence for feasibility and relevance to important application areas. Accepted presentations are to be delivered in person at the conference in Perth.
Topics of interest include:
- Analytic and statistical models
- Deep learning over large data sets
- Data visualization techniques
- Scalable and distributed data management
- Scalable and parallel algorithms
- Heterogeneous architectures (CPUs paired with GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs) for machine learning over big data
- Methods for large collections of text, images, video
- Streaming data and real-time applications
- Data protection, data integrity and provenance, and data security
- Privacy and policy issues regarding big data applications
- Sensor data and ubiquitous computing
- Web search, mining and social media
- Evaluation methodologies, metrics and benchmarks.
Submission format and important dates:
Authors should submit a 2-page proposal in PDF format through Easychair:
Submissions should include authors names and affiliations.
- Submission deadline:February 17, 2017.
- Notification:February 28, 2017.
All deadlines are at 23:59 anywhere-on-earth time.